Who should attend:
This course is aimed at electrical staff with responsibility for the operation or maintenance of installed Low Voltage systems and who may be nominated as a Competent Person within their organisation. It would also be suitable for mechanical staff with a reasonable degree of electrical knowledge.
To be confirmed. Please call for details.
£333.34 + VAT
Course topics include:
• Dangers of electricity and Industrial accidents (electrical)
• Levels of voltage (LV, ELV and RLV ‘110 V’)
• Earthing systems, Fault currents and Protective bonding
• Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (Statutory Requirements)
• Assessing safe working practices
• Safe isolation procedures
• Deciding whether to work dead or live, and actions common to both working dead and working live
• Roles and responsibilities of the competent person
• Risk assessment and Method statements
• Permit to work
• Requirements for testing electrical installations
• Completion of Test Results Section on the Electrical Installation Certificate (EIC)
• Explanation/overview of Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate (MEIWC)
• Multi-choice question paper and Practical Assessments
Note that this Competent Person course should be undertaken before moving onto the Authorised Person course.
If you book the competent person and authorised person courses at the same time you get a 25% discount for the second course; Competent Course = £333.34 + VAT and pay £499.50 + VAT for the Authorised Course instead of the normal £666.67 + VAT